It looks like Spring is here and what better way to celebrate than with a cake pop party - hosted by the amazing Janine of SugarKissed. When I was asked to participate in this event, I knew exactly what I wanted to make. Daisy Cake Pops. BRIGHT Daisy Cake Pops.
These daisies you'll WANT to eat!
First, you'll need to make them~
(Links to products I used are listed at the end of this post)
1. Each of the flowers are made from fondant. Wilton has four bright colors and I also made green and blue fondant by adding food color to white fondant.
2. Next I used several sizes of Wilton flower formers.
3. And three sizes of Daisy plunger cutters.
4. After cutting out the daisies - use a round tip to cut out a small hole in the center of each daisy.
5. Place all the daisies on the formers and let dry 1 - 2 days.
(Don't forget to make extras!)
Now on to the cake pops~
1. Make all the cake pops you plan to use.
2. Place them on stick to get ready to dip.
3. I always melt my candy melts in canning jars and just close the lid when I'm finished.
4. As soon as you dip the pops, sprinkle with yellow sanding sugar.
1. Rolls of ribbon in six bright colors. (Hobby Lobby)
2. Stems of six flowers. (Dollar Store)
3. Remove the leaves from the flowers.
1. After the flowers are formed and firm, get them ready to stack.
2. Pipe a little royal icing around the center hole.
3 Stack the flowers on top of each other and let dry.
All together now~
1. Pipe candy melts around the cake pop stick.
2. Add two leaves to each flower.
3. Cut ribbon to size and hot glue to the top of the stick. Continue to wrap the ribbon around the stick making a spiral design.
I didn't want the petals to touch each other, so I placed each one in a small vase filled with sugar. (Tie ribbon around the vase first). Now they're ready for your table!
And now are you ready for this? A Super Cute Cake Pop Party!
Spring Has Sprung!
Spring Has Sprung!
1. Bunny Cake Bites by Miss CandiQuik
2. Kite Cake Pops by Party Pinching
3. Chocolate Terra Cotta Pots with Marshmallow Topiary Bunnies by Hoopla Palooza
4. Fondant Daisies with Yellow Cake Pop Centers by The Partiologist
5. Chick Cake Pops with Bonnets by sugarkissed.net
6. Easter Cake Pops for Your Dessert Table by niner bakes
7. Springtime Cake Pop Nests by Munchkin Munchies
8. Elegant Spring Flower Cake Pops by Pint Sized Baker
9. Butterfly Kisses Cake Pops by Bubble and Sweet
10. Pastel Sparkle Cake Pops by Heavenly Cake Pops
A BIG thank you to Janine for helping us all celebrate the beginning of SPRING!