Can you believe Easter is a little over a week away? Before I run out of time to show you everything I've made, I had to be sure and show you these little guys. When I saw the sweet bunnies on the Wilton website HERE, I knew I wanted to recreate them using cookies and cupcakes.
If you want to make them too...
1. From the Wilton cutters set, use the hopping bunny.
2. Bake bunny cookies (Place the cookie on top of a cookie stick for baking, remove the stick for decorating).
3. Emboss fondant (optional) and measure for the seat on the bunny.
4. Cut with circular cutter.
5. Cut pink strip and measure.
6. Pipe frosting on cookie using the basket weave tip.
7. Clean the edges with a spatula.
8. Pipe ruffle and then add pink fondant for seat.
Add any other accents you wish.
Time to get the cupcake and pole ready~
1. Make the pole by hot gluing pink/blue ribbon to the top of a cookie stick, leaving a few inches overhang.
2. Start wrapping the ribbon around the stick until you reach the bottom. Cut the ribbon and glue to the end of the cookie stick.
3. Glue a couple more pieces of ribbon to the top.
4. Glue a pom pom to the top matching the ribbon.
5. After the cookie is decorated, turn over and add stick to cookie.
(Attach with royal icing or candy melts)
5. Frost cupcake in a light blue butter cream until smooth and dip in sanding sugar.
They would make fun baby shower favors too!
Time To Get Hopping!