Before I end Beach Week, I really want to say thank you for taking the time out of YOUR summer to read my little blog. I hope that from time to time I inspire you to try something new or give you an idea for that next party. Okay, now that all the mushy stuff is out of the way, I'm going to give you a little reason to keep on reading.
Mini Mermaid Cake
Mini Mermaid Cake
Isn't she sweet? And I'm sweet too cuz I have a tutorial for YOU to make a Mini Mermaid Cake!
1. The pan, doll toppers AND idea are from Wilton.
2. After baking the mini cakes and using small paper plates to catch the extra sugar, I applied a layer of frosting and then pressed raw sugar onto the frosting.
3. Put a little doll topper in each cake and press down, (sorry for the nude photo). Move doll to cake stand or any other tray you will use for serving.
4. I rolled out pink fondant and cut two sizes of tear drops.
5. Cut the tip off the smaller size teardrops and make lines with a toothpick to look like a shell.
6. Place the little shells on the doll for the Mermaid's top.
7. Using a #12 round tip, pipe the frosting down the front of the cake for the base of her body and smooth it out.
8. Make lines on the larger teardrop, pinch each piece at the top and put at the end of the pink frosting for her tail.
9.. Using a #349 leaf tip, (any small leaf tip should work) pipe little scales on the pink frosting base, starting at the bottom, working up. (Last Photo)
10. Using a #22 star tip, pipe some white and then blue frosting for the ocean.
11. Using a small stiff paintbrush blend the two colors of frosting together and add sugar sprinkles.
12. Finish off the rest of the plate with sand (raw sugar) and seashells (white chocolate).