Maybe, just maybe, you want to send your child to school with an apple for the teacher. I'm pretty sure they would be the teacher's pet all year if they brought a basket of these.
Apple Popcorn Balls!
Apple Popcorn Balls!
If I were the teacher, I'm pretty sure I'd like the kid who brought these, just sayin'.
Or at least I'd like his mom. I came up with this idea almost a year ago when I made the popcorn pumpkins. I knew that I could make the apples almost the same way. Like this~
Apple Marshmallow Popcorn Balls
1. Make your marshmallow mixture by melting butter and marshmallows.
2. Add red food coloring.
3. Mix in mini chocolate chips.
4. Form into ball shapes (it works best for me if I put a little water on my hands so it doesn't stick).
5. Wrap the popcorn balls with saran wrap.
6. Cut red tissue paper to fit.
7. Wrap tissue paper around the popcorn ball and twist the top, cut off the top, but leave enough for the stem.
8. Use florist tape, wrap around the top making the stem.
9. Take apart some artificial flowers and use the leaves.
10. Hot glue two leaves on the apple.
You will be the teachers pet for sure!
Okay, some might be saying, who has time for all that. Don't worry, I've got you covered.
By crushing Oreo's and mixing them into melted white candy melts, I made these Chocolate Oreo Suckers. Just pour into a chocolate sucker mold and top with fondant ABC's.
Place them in a candy bag and tie up with ribbon and tag.
Yes, I made you a printable, you're welcome!
I gave these cookies an A+
Because they're that good. And because they are in cute notebook bags. I almost printed I (heart) cookies, but went with school instead! When I ordered the bags, I thought they were printed, but I didn't read the fine print. So I simply ran each bag through the printer, one at a time, taping a bag to another sheet of paper. Now I know why you had to print them yourself, oh well, it was worth the time!
Now that I'm pushing the easy button, here's another favorite of the kiddos.
Jell-O Roll Ups!
I made them waaaaay back HERE and they were a hit. So I made them again.
And I'm adding a printable recipe!
Jell- Roll Ups
- 1 (3 oz.) pkg. Jell-O (any flavor)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 12 large marshmallows
Lightly spray an 8 inch square pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Dissolve warm water and Jell-O in large bowl and microwave for 1 minute.
Add marshmallows to Jell-O mixture, stir to coat and return to microwave for
11/2 min. until marshmallows are puffed and melted. Whisk until
marshmallows are completely dissolved.
Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate until well set, they should be very firm and easy to handle. Loosen edges with a knife. Starting at one end, roll up tightly and remove from pan. Cut into spirals.
How easy was that??
Easy as ABC!